Author Topic: so confused  (Read 995 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
so confused
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:00:33 am »
my dd is almost 6 months and i have gotten/read conflicting advice.  i am wondering if i am supposed to start feeding her solids before i bf her? or after i bf her?  already she likes her solids way too much, and for some time seemed to hold off on bf b.c she was waiting for the solids, or bf well after having a good solids feeding.  so needless to say i cut back on the amount of solids i have been giving her, and maybe i'm wrong for doing this  :oops: but if she doesn't have a good bf i won't give her solids..she is teething right now and i know that doesn't help but i know the breastmilk has more calories and didn't want her to continue waking at night.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
so confused
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:03:58 am »
sorry i meant to put this in the breastfeeding forum...or maybe it should be in solids/weaning...sorry again
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
so confused
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 14:47:24 pm »
THat's ok....I moved it to solid foods/weaning  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline janet&p

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 11:15:17 am »
I suggest go to the activity forum and look up some schedules.  I was really confused too, and had similar problems with my dd.

Very similar to in "Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" I fed my dd four times a day.  One waking, morning tea (on waking from 1st nap), afternoon tea (one waking from 2ndnap), then as a part of the bedtime routine.

My dd started to wake earlier (5.30am) around this time and I now wonder if I should have been offering her the breast after the meals.  At the time I felt as though that would have been going backwards.

Good luck and hopefully there is a schedule that you think is right for you.

By the way my dd is now 10.5 and I've have those four feeds until just  recently. I figured I may as well give dd the breast when I knew she would actually take it.