Author Topic: routine for 5am waking  (Read 1177 times)

Offline james030405

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
routine for 5am waking
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:04:34 am »
My lo is 8mths old and lately has been waking at around 5/5:30am.  We have the odd days where it is 6/6:30am.  I have been looking through the routines for 6-12mths olds, but most start aroung 6-7am.  could someone please post their routine for when you have a really early start.  Our routine at the moment is like this:

5AM Awake (plays in cot for half an hour)
5:30am get up and is happy to play.  Have tried to feed but not hungry.
7am:  breakfast and bottle
8:30am nap
10:30am water and snakc
11:30am bottle and lunch
12:30pm nap
2:30pm awake and play
3pm bottle
5-5:30 dinner
6pm bath
6:30pm bottle
7pm bed

When we had later wake ups, we were having naps at 9am and 2pm.  This was working well as there wasn't as long an A time in the afternoons.

He doesn't want a drink early int he morning, I have tried.  I sometimes go for a walk but othertimes we just play until breakfast.  I have tried pu/pd, pat/sh..... just not sure if this routine looks good.  He is a good eater and naps are good, generally around 1-2hrs each.  Maximum total nap hours is 2.5hrs.  Is this too much.  Does wake-to-sleep help with early wake ups?

Any suggestions would be helpful.  If this is how it is, that it fine, just wondering how others are doing their routines.

Thanks for the help

Lisa mum to James my textbook/spirited koala
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
routine for 5am waking
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 02:28:50 am »
Lisa, I think what has happened is the shift to the early nap has made an early wake up stick... if you can stretch it back to 9am (put up with the overtired baby) over a few days the later sleeping should come eventually... took us about 2 weeks lag, ie I had to keep holding Aiden off until 9.30 (for us) even though he wanted a nap by 8am & then suddenly it "clicked" & we had 7am not 5.30am wake ups.
HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline james030405

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
routine for 5am waking
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:51:12 am »
Kate,  thank you so much for your reply.  I have a week of being at home this week, not many activities, so Imght give that a go.  Today was 4am :evil:  :roll: We have had a couple of busy days with in-laws etc so I hope that was why.

I will certianly try to 9:30am tomorrow and see if that works.

Thanks once again.

Lisa mum to James my textbook/spirited koala bear
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]