Author Topic: Nighttime Pooping  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Nighttime Pooping
« on: December 08, 2005, 17:15:03 pm »
My 7WO DD has had some difficulty with constipation - very painful, screaming, tears. etc.  We started using Mylicon in her bottles and, thankfully, the constipation has gone away.  Yay!  Although now she's going at 3am.  While I'm very, very glad that she isn't in pain any more, do you have any thoughts on how to adjust this to a daytime diaper?  She's been a pretty good nighttime sleeper, but this is now waking her up every night. 

Also, while on the subject of diapers...what the name of the product (and who makes it) that acts like a diaper liner to make the diapers more absorbent overnight?  Like I said, she'd likely sleep 10 hours without this wake-up call, but I'm not sure her diaper would last!

Thanks!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Nighttime Pooping
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 20:11:02 pm »
glad she's feeling better.  constipation is no fun. 

unfortunately, there's not much you can do to change her "poop clock", other than hope it will eventually shift on it's own. 

if you are bf (can't remember), *maybe* you eating something in particular will help her to go.  that's one of those things that kinda sounds true but may just be an old wives' tale!  :lol:

i think you are talking about diaper doublers?  not sure who makes it but they're next to the diapers at my grocery store.

HTH   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
Nighttime Pooping
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 04:03:49 am »
Thanks, Jamie.  I didn't really think there was a way to reset the poop clock, but thought I'd ask anyway.  Was thinking I might try leaving the mylicon out of the evening bottles and see what happens.  Just chasing that elusive full night of sleep...Guess it will be a little longer for us!

Thanks for the diaper doubler answer.  I looked at my grocery, but couldn't find them and then thought maybe I had imagined such a product.  (A newborn will make you questions everything!)  I'll check again and ask a clerk if I can't find it.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline PeepersMom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 14:09:16 pm »
When we were switching DS to alimentum he pooped 6-10 times a day and it would wake him up at leat 3 times at night.  And those poops are watery swampy stinky disgusting make you want to gag poops ..... but I digress

Anyway, they finally slowed and his body did finally figure out day time was for pooping  but as I was going through this I read in the NCSS that if your baby poops you don't have to change the diaper unless they can't sleep through it.  The thought never occurred to me to not change his dirty diapers....anyway, those alimentum poops were leaky and well, you get the picture, had to be changed.  But now if he poops at say 5am and he normally sleeps till 6:30 I just pat him back to sleep.  Just a thought......

DS pukes in his sleep a lot and occaisionally sleeps through it and I don't even know until he wakes up so I figure it is the same thing.  (Poor baby)
Sweet Boy PJ "I'm too excited to sleep!"
DOB 7/28/05
Jovie love
DOB 1/24/11
Big Boy Miles
DOB 4/29/12