Author Topic: co sleeping arrangement change...any one else have this?  (Read 3413 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
co sleeping arrangement change...any one else have this?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 03:35:25 am »
nope, no teeth through yet - still just very white under the gum ... but they are red and swollen today too, and as much as u could tell she was uncomfortable she was in a GREAT mood all day too!  She even napped for her usual two hours(no catnap tho - but i can live with that) and went to bed pretty good.  we had company all day long - very tiring for all of us - but she loves all the attention!
  ideally that's what is supposed to happen - they learn to soothe themselves through the sleep cycle transition and u don't need to go in and assist using pu/pd.  is your lo going to sleep when he first shows sleep signs?  rubbing eyes, yawning, etc? (of course when there are fam functions, etc it doesn't always happen - but for the most part, most days?)  just want to make sure he isn't overtired going down for naps cuz that can throw things off for u also.
You certainly have a big boy on your hands!!!!!!!!  dd was 5lbs 9oz (just a l'il peanut) and is now i'd guess about 16lbs or a little more - will find out tomorrow at the doctor's...
 if ur dh has allergies, maybe u should wait even a bit longer to start solids?.  it is alot of fun watching them try things for the first time and everything, but would it be better for him?  if u do decide to at six months, just go very slow (and start with cereals) - but i am sure u know that - sorry.
they say to give the dreamfeed no later than 11 - sometimes i cheat and go with 11:30 or so just so she'll sleep a bit longer through the night.  it's supposed to be earlier so it doesn't create habits of night waking.  as long as he's not waking up before for a feeding i think 10 would be ok, depending of course on what time u go to sleep yourself.  if he can make it til 10:30-11 and u are up than do that.  either way, whatever works for u!
  so since naps are getting better, has he been waking up happier?? being able to stay awake longer without getting tired and cranky?
it's so awesome to hear everything's going well still - your dh must be happy too!..i'm glad for you that he is 'on board' with the baby whisperer methods and is there to support u!..my mom has finally started to understand that this is the way i'm going to raise my child - and that it's working for us..now i just have to convince dh, he's just a big softie when it comes to dd and always caves in...ttyl
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Baby Chase's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 14:27:01 pm »
sorry i didn't write yesterday, hardly had time to even look on here, let alone do any posts :(

Thank you for all of your advice and I really have enjoyed chatting with you.  You have helped our family sooo much.  Chase is back to the happy go lucky little guy I have.  It is nice to be following a routine these days and nice that he is able to fall asleep on his own.

I would like to join that June / July forum you mentioned but I can't find the link for it, where do you go? 

I am getting Chase weighed today too, would love to hear how much your dd weighs now and when her teeth finally emerge!  Thanks again for everything and feel free to email me anytime. :D
Tara
Mom to Chase
07/06/05

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 16:42:24 pm »
u can find it in the easy forum...or if u look at posts since your last visit u should be able to find it in there.  all is well at dr appt dd is 15lbs 6oz - still small in comparisson to your lo!  teeth have made a couple little slits in the bottom gums but still no sharp edges - soon i imagine though...can't wait to get back to our normal routine - although it's not too bad now considering.  anyway, again, glad i could help and feel free to email me anytime also and i will see u around the boards i am sure!  :wink:
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005