Author Topic: Going on holiday...  (Read 1276 times)

Offline RebeccaH

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Going on holiday...
« on: December 03, 2005, 10:32:18 am »
My lo (23wks) has just started on solid food in the last week. At the moment it's a couple of ice cubes worth of stuff (fruit or veg) twice a day. We're going away on Wednesday for a week to Lanzarote (to a hotel room with no kitchen facilities at all (but the hotel has a pool and sauna so I'm quite happy!)). I'm looking for any suggestions of how to feed him when we're away or if there's anything I should be cautious of. He's not had any food from a jar yet, should I try some before we go or will it be fine? If I miss a couple of meals and just resort to b/f him a little more will that be the end of the world? (He's taken to solids like a duck to water) Is bottled water OK for his drinks? What about washing his bowl/spoon? Thanks.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Going on holiday...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 02:17:54 am »
Quote from: cwaken
He's not had any food from a jar yet, should I try some before we go or will it be fine?
I would bring a couple...fill a glass up with hot water and let it soak to heat it up, if you don't want to use the microwave  :D   He may not take it, but you never know unless you try and if you only buy a couple you are only out $1-2.  I would recommend pears and sweet potatoes or peas  :D

Quote from: cwaken
If I miss a couple of meals and just resort to b/f him a little more will that be the end of the world? (He's taken to solids like a duck to water) Is bottled water OK for his drinks? What about washing his bowl/spoon? Thanks.

Actually, this is probably what I would do.  Since he's so new at starting, he won't "miss" them yet.  Bottled water will be ok, especially since it's a short period.  Otherwise, you could just fill an empty milk jug, etc. with what you would normally use.  I would just wash his bowl spoon in the sink..I would probably not even worry about soap...just don't let it sit too long  :D  :wink:
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline RebeccaH

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Going on holiday...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 14:48:51 pm »
Hi, thanks. It's all going great - actually I'm typing this from the hotel and baby is happily fed and watered in the room. Advice for any others in the future is... extra b/fs working fine (and fanatastic for pacifying on the plane as a bonus), jars are great, we brought a couple of his usual bowls so we can put out how much he needs and leave the rest in the mini bar. The bathroom is fine for washing spoons and bibs. At breakfast he takes a banana from the buffet and we mash it up in a coffee cup. Easy!