Author Topic: Veggie Ideas  (Read 1702 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Veggie Ideas
« on: December 10, 2005, 23:40:57 pm »
DD has tried a number of fruits, carrot, squash, sweet potatoes and peas.  I want to give her other green veggies, because the smell of the baby food peas makes me want to barf.  She's not in love with them either.  Can I give her broccoli at this age?  And does it cause a lot of gas?  Anyone have any other green veggie ideas?  Or even other healthy veggies to introduce.

Offline evanskimberley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
Veggie Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:06:22 am »
Brocolli should be fine, it just takes a lot of it to puree it! Add some water too,it'll make pureeing easier.
I also did green beans at that age too, again needed a lot of them but worth it for the variety.

DD lived on courgettes at that age, you don't call them that though, can't remember what you call them, sorry!!!!
Kimberley

Offline Windsurfer's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • http://www.crystal-seasons.co.uk
Veggie Ideas
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:20:02 am »
Hello

I am also veggie and have found a great book but as I am away from home I do not have the name! Worth looking in a bookstore?
My main concern is with my LO is making sure he gets protein, carbs are easier. I have put herbs with his veg to give him new tastes. Have you tried spinach?
clare
Life's a journey, not a destination!

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
Veggie Ideas
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 19:13:36 pm »
I also had trouble with greens cos am not very imaginative. DD had courgette or zucchini a lot, peas, broccoli, brussel sprouts though go easy on them, spinach. We also did parsnips, turnips, corn......can't think of anything else at the moment,
Fiona