Author Topic: 6 month old STUCK in crib! HELP!!  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Hubbafer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6 month old STUCK in crib! HELP!!
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:05:25 am »
Ok... knew you'd look at my post... but seriously.. my 6 month old is driving us nuts! LOL

He's AMAZING at night to sleep now. Put him down at 8 and he USUALLY sleeps between 5-6 AM for ONE feeding, then goes back to bed until 8:30ish... BUT.. here's the catch and I NEED advice on how to get this fixed.

He wakes up at least 2-3 times during the night.. not hungry, but in distress. He BUM pushes himself into the corner of the crib, and gets his head stuck. Not STUCK, just he can't go any further if he were to keep 'bum pushing' ... so he wakes up and wants to be helped! We end up going in his room and moving him back to his sleep position and cover him up with his covers.  (I tried putting him 2-3 inches away from the top of the crib to THINK he'd not get stuck again or be able to move... well .. he STILL goes to the corner! ugh..).

Does anyone know a GOOD solution to prevent him from doing this? He'd sleep better, as well as his mom/dad! LOL  Otherwise, he'd be sleeping through the night...

I've invested in a 'sleeping bag' for him.... I wonder if that would help?? (he also wakes up if the blankets are off... as he KICKS them off during the night....)
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005

Offline Andersonsmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:06:14 am »
Hey I've been dealing with the exact same thing since my little guy started rolling over and being more mobile!  He wakes up 2-3 times a night stuck in a corner or an arm or leg caught in between the crib rails.  I wonder what will happen when he starts crawling!  :?
Coincidentally we live in the same city  :D  though I'm sure we're not the only ones with this problem.  I hope that someone will post advice/solutions or at least tell us that they'll grow out of it soon.

Good luck neighbour!

Offline Hubbafer

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 03:38:53 am »
Wow.. small world :) I PM'd you...

I hope there is some type of solution. I have bumper pads (thankfully) in our crib, but he STILL manages to wedge himself. Poor guy is breaking off the tops of his hair on his head from rubbing!!! Bald spot... lol
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 04:57:26 am »
Some genius around here suggested rolled towels under the sheet to keep a babe on his/her side.  I put a blanket under the sheet in the spot DD scootches to and pokes both legs out.  I figured sooner or later she would get stuck.  Now she hits the bump and stops.  Might work for other stuff?  By the way, thanks to whoever put the idea in my head!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Baby Chase's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:54:49 am »
I have just started using a gro bag...seems to keep him in one spot and warm :)
Tara
Mom to Chase
07/06/05