Author Topic: Won't take bottle / Formula - 6 mos old...  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Hubbafer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Won't take bottle / Formula - 6 mos old...
« on: December 11, 2005, 02:14:20 am »
I've tried everything.... and my 6 month old won't take the bottle (formula, as I can't pump). He has a hissy fit for 10-20 mins of me trying to get him to drink from it. He WILL grab onto a sippy cup and 'sip' .. but not drink (we've put a water in it to show him how to use it, and drink from it). He will even drink out of a cup if we hold it from him.. but only again ..sip.

Should I stick with the sippy cup? 

When should I introduce the formula? I'm breast feeding him 4 times a day (after his solids and his bedtime feeding). There will need to be a time to give him his 'milk' if we need to go out and he's being babysat...

I'm SOOO frustrated...
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 02:44:49 am »
You may want to take a look at this link if you haven't already.  Also...have you tried a straw cup/sippy??  He may take to that a little easier than a normal sippy.

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/share-your-tips-for-getting-b-fed-babies-to-take-a-bottle-vt9215.html

If he ever does take 1-2 ounces from the bottle or sippy, just be consistent with it - they'll get it eventually.  One word of adivce though is to not offer anything else (juice or water) in a sippy or bottle until he gets it with the milk.  A lot of times it ends up that they will take only the water or juice in it then instead of milk/formula.

HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Hubbafer

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 03:34:44 am »
Thank you :)
"Lucas Francesco"
Born: May 23, 2005