Author Topic: I HATE THE 45 MIN NAPS!  (Read 2970 times)

Offline debandbrian

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 7
I HATE THE 45 MIN NAPS!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 16:46:15 pm »
I was just about to post a separate question but I guess it fits just fine here... which is...

If I can't "cure" ds of the 30-minute naps will he eventually work it out on his own??

I mean, he is 8 months old, we've been working on naps for the past two months, and I've just decided that he is never going to be able to put himself to sleep or back to sleep in the daytime. His nap times are consistent, and he goes down quickly when I put him back down after he wakes up after 30 mins. He can put himself to sleep at night and sleeps straight through. The couple of nap times that I've decided that I'm going to go in and do wake to sleep have of course been among the few times that he slept for more than an hour...it's like he knew I was in the room!!!!

So I'm just resigned that this is the way it is....but here's my dilemma - I am going back to work in March. ds will be almost a year. Is there a chance he'll have sorted this out on his own? I don't see a daycare shush/patting him every 30 mins!!!!!!

Any thoughts? So glad we aren't the only ones dealing with this!!!
Deborah