Author Topic: Need ideas for activity now that DD can roll...  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Carina's Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need ideas for activity now that DD can roll...
« on: December 11, 2005, 13:03:14 pm »
Before DD could roll, I could put her on the floor on her play mat for a little while and she would play happily.  Now that she can roll, whenever I put her down on her back, she immediately rolls to her stomach and then starts getting frustrated because she can't move. 

Even when I sit with her on the floor to play with her little rattles and toys, she seems to get frustrated.

She's not a huge fan of the doorway jumper. She still likes her swing a bit, but not for very long.

Any ideas for activities she (or even we) can do while in the house?

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 14:42:39 pm »
hi,
I have had this too, jake managed to roll, then was not stong enough to get back or even keep his head up.
I found a great little playmat called a pat mat, which you fill with water, it has shapes in it that float in the water, and when its touched they move.
It's nice and flat so he can look at it while on his tummy.
Try putting flat rattles in sight but out of reach, to encourage her to move her arms.
I also kept rolling him back again, as it seemed to be the enjoyment of just rolling over that he liked.
It's a hard time though isn't it?As he has got stronger though, things have got better, he's happier now.
good luck x

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline zelda

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 08:47:51 am »
you could try getting her to hold her arms up by making her reach for toys in the air in front of her or above her. 

another thing is to lay her across your legs and make her reach for a toy in front of her on the ground - she should learn to push off with her feet to get to it.

my ds loved it when i put him on a beach ball and let him push off with his feet.  as he got older, i would let him roll forward enough to pick up a toy in front of him.