Author Topic: 0nly naps an hour all day at nursery !  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
0nly naps an hour all day at nursery !
« on: December 11, 2005, 14:56:11 pm »
I went back to work 4 weeks ago, and Jake went in our work nursery.
He was napping 1 1/2 hrs in the morning and 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon.
When he started nursery I went through his routine, and they seemed to understand.
However when I pick him up I found he has slept at the most an hour, in 2 naps ALL DAY! thats 8 hours!
I thought this was a settling in thing, but I don't think it is now. His nightime sleep is all over the place anyway, so I can't say this has made things any worse, but he is sooo tired when I pick him up he cries all the way home, then ends up in bed most nights at 6.30.
How can I say it so they do as I say at nursery, I feel they just agree when I'm there, then not bother.
I feel so out of control on my work days, that I can't concentrate, I just worry all day. Sorry for long post needed to vent!

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 19:45:41 pm »
Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem when I went back to work when Mads was 10 weeks old  :roll: and after explaining her routine to them - again! and they still did not take it on board, I went in and spoke at length with one of the owners about how unhappy I was. It was then that I realised that the ladies looking after Mads were trying to get her to sleep in a cot in the same room and not the darkened nursery room, which I had thought they would put her in - I guess its easier to keep an eye on them in the same room - so I told them she needed to be put into the nursery to sleep as their were less distratcions in there - and it worked, she started to sleep longer.

I also used to send her in with a note of when she woke up - and the approximate times she should nap based on her awake time, so that they always had an idea of when to put her down for a nap.

I would highly recommend finding out exactly where DD is being put to nap - as I think it is unrealistic to expect a young baby to sleep through other children playing in the same room. Also - keep pestering them if you are not happy with something and ultimately if they can't follow your wishes, look for another nursery.

Good luck
Dee
x

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:59:34 pm »
thank you, I am glad you shared your story, they do have a darkened "sleep room" and I have been assured he is allowed to sleep there.
It's so hard letting someone else look after him while I'm at work, and this nap issue makes it all the harder. I intend to see his "key worker" today while it's my day off to go through it again. Fingers crossed.
thanks again,
liz

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited