Author Topic: naps now long but waking every 2 hrs. at night -- HELP!!  (Read 1031 times)

Offline mconners

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
naps now long but waking every 2 hrs. at night -- HELP!!
« on: December 22, 2005, 19:32:51 pm »
Okay, My 4 month old is on a pretty good 4 hr. EASY and I have been working on extending the 45 min. naps for the past two weeks with success but now DS is waking every 2 hrs. at night.  How do I get him to put himself BACK TO SLEEP on his own?  He uses pasifier and we swaddle him w/one arm out.  Here's my DS schedule...
E 7:00 bf
A
S 8:50 (1.5 - 2 hr)
E 11:00 bf
A
S  1:00 (1.5 - 2 hr)
E  3:00 bf
A
S  4:45 (40 min.)
E 5:45 (just started 1.5 tbsp. rice cereal w/1.5 oz. soy)
A
E 6:45 bf
S 7:15-7:45
DF - 10:30
E - 3:00 am

HELP!!!  Sleepless mom!!!!

Offline mthyne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
naps now long but waking every 2 hrs. at night -- HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 22:39:08 pm »
I just wanted to send out understanding hugs.  My ds is just slightly older, and is doing the same thing.  One thing that was pointed out to me:  at this age, they need about 15 hours/day of sleep.  Thus, by extending naps, they're actually getting more than necessary, so maybe they're not as tired through the night.  I also wonder about the pacifier at this age.  My son uses one as well, and I'm not ready to give it up, but I think he's starting to get used to having it in his mouth while he sleeps.  Occassionally he'll sleep without it, but he has to be really tired.  That's what I use to get him to resettle at night, and now it's becoming more frequent.  I thought about taking it away, but we'll be travelling soon, and I know eventually they can find it themselves.  Could the pacifier be a problem?
Melissa
Melissa
Mom to Penelope and Alex
er