Author Topic: Gas/griping at night only - 2 week old  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Gina(formerly sydnimom)

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« on: December 11, 2005, 15:18:16 pm »
No, I don't expect Brandon to be sleeping through yet,  :lol:  :lol: , but what I can't understand is that he is gripy and gassy ONLY at night.

This is keeping him/me/DH up from around 12ish through til morning.

Any suggestions??
Gina
Sydni - 10/16/02
Brandon - 11/28/05
Gina@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Gas/griping at night only - 2 week old
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 03:14:51 am »
Liam was like that & he grew out of it... just seems to be some babies just have their unsettled period in the middle of the night...generous aren't they.

It might be related to the food you are eating if you are bf, I found Liam was better if I ate less vegetables & more meat. I also found doing tummy time at the last awake period helped lessen it too.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline jennp

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 02:30:42 am »
My baby ALWAYS had her gassy period late evening. I had to cut out alot of foods from my diet and also found a homeopathic remedy that seemed to help alot. Once I gave it to her and soothed her with rocking/paci for a while it seemed to help and she would go to sleep and not rewake with pain.
hope it helps.
Also it seems like at one point they will just sort of grow out of it, although it makes it tough on you while you wait for this to happen.
good luck,

Offline PaolaG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 19:58:12 pm »
Lea was a bit like that - she is 19 weeks now.  We slept with the gripe water at our bedside and used it regularly in the night -  it did help. But she grew out of it at arund 6 weeks.  At that age it also could make a difference what I ate - for me caffeine and chocolate were definitely out, also eggs.  But I think the main thing was simply an immature digestive system.
Paola