Author Topic: Can you help , 45 min naps and waking early morning  (Read 995 times)

Offline risoli

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can you help , 45 min naps and waking early morning
« on: December 11, 2005, 21:42:53 pm »
Hi this is my first visit to a web site/chat room so excuse my chatter!

My son is 5 month 3 weeks. He for the past 2/3 months has only slept for 45 mins at a time during the day unless he is unwell, and this counts even in a moving vehicle (i.e car journey or long walk) I have tried for 2-3 weeks the shush pat and pupd methods and also during the day he needs a dummy to relax him off to sleep even if our activity has been extremley low key. up until around 3/4 pm he is okay he then tends to get irritable and trying to make him take a nap at this point is very hard work although is getting easier since I have been using shush pat (which is now becoming shush and hand on tummy or back) but again never more than 45 mins.  between 6.30 - 7.30 he will go to bed (time depends on previous nap) and he goes down like a dream (usually) he will talk himself to sleep in around 15 mins, no dummy no patting nothing... and he use to go until 6.00 / 6.30 but at around 16 weeks he kept turning over and banging his head or gets stuck in a corner or creeps to the end of the cot horizontally which then causes him to stir this usually happens between 4.30 and 5.30, if we leave him he hits his head and starts to cry (loudly) he if hear him and check him and then move him he will usually sleep another 45 mins which can take us to around 5.30 and if lucky 6 .00 , he then is awake talking away quite loudly and I try not to feed him before 6.45 ...

am not sure what to do or if this problem makes sense, I am quite happy with his night time sleep as I feel a 8/9 hour strech is reasonable even though I am very tired in the mornings... but am frightened with the early mornings and short naps he does not get enough sleep ( I have to push for 4 45 mins naps a day . he is on a 4 hour bottle feed and is being weaned ( at around 19/20 weeks he started waking at 1 am and 2 am so weaned him , he weighs around 9.5 kilos (big boy ) plslet me know if you can help or if you need any further info...

thank you sorry for rambling

Offline kirsty_167

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • My little munchkin!!
re 45 min naps
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:17:00 am »
try reading Gages mums post on 4 month transition.Her tips seem good....worth a go.....i think it is so common and lots of us go thru it!!! hang in there with the rest of us...its hard work!!!! Good luck!!!

Kirsty

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Can you help , 45 min naps and waking early morning
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 04:07:06 am »
Hi and welcome

Sorry you are having trouble.

Let's start by posting your routine.

I'll check back.