Author Topic: how to implement EASY when bb wakes at 6am?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline maryh

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
how to implement EASY when bb wakes at 6am?
« on: December 12, 2005, 05:47:07 am »
My baby gal (coming 5mo) has always been on a 8am to 8pm EASY routine. However, she'll wake to feed ard 4am as a habit. Recently, I tried to wean her off the 4am feed. Now she wakes at 6am, demanding for a feed.

Do I feed her (as she's hungry) and then carry on the A of EASY routine? If so, then her routine becomes, 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm and a dreamfeed. Have also read in another book by Gina Ford who says tt bbs who are fed ard 6am shld be given a top up of milk at 7:30am (when bb wakes) to swing bb back to routine. I believe Tracy Hogg's books did not mention abt the top up feed.

Or shld I let her carry on her sleep? If she sleeps, she'll only wake ard 8:45am, which is a little too late rite? What shld I do?

maryh

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
how to implement EASY when bb wakes at 6am?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 14:13:00 pm »
Hi!
My babies had a 7:00 bedtime.  When they were younger, they woke at 6:00 AM for a long time.  They weren't ready to go back to sleep so I just started the day at 6 and tweaked it throughout the day (let them sleep longer vs waking for a feed, or feed right before a nap if necessary having it be a AES vs EAS).  In your case, if she wakes at 6 for a feed and goes right back down, I would then wake her at 8 if that's your ideal wake-up time for your routine and do a "top up".  If that then allows  her to go the 3-4 hrs before the next feed - all is good  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom