Author Topic: Weaning from swaddle  (Read 1070 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Weaning from swaddle
« on: December 12, 2005, 09:42:24 am »
My DD now escapes the miracle blanket swaddle.  I am going to try and wean her from the swaddle.  I will leave one arm out, but do I do it for naptimes and bedtimes, or just naptimes first till she gets used to having one arm free? 

Also one other thing, how long (roughly) does it take for your babies to get used to having one arm out bearing in mind she has a dummy?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Flo

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Weaning from swaddle
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 22:11:12 pm »
The good thing about the Miracle Blanket is that it's quite easy to leave one arm out.  I started leaving one arm out of the Miracle Blanket a few weeks ago.  I  now don't swaddle at all at night although it could be a while longer on naps as DS is more nap resistant and wriggles more.

good luck

Offline Katw

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • High Wycombe, England
Weaning from swaddle
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 22:25:43 pm »
Hi

Just wondered when you did wean , did your LO wake up each time at the 40min mark?

My DD is swaddled in a large sheet and for ages has been pulling her arms out. She is starting to sometimes go to sleep with her top arm out but wakes at the 40min mark. Whereas if she falls asleep with both arms in, then she will generally sleep for 2 hrs.

At night she starts off on her side with arms in but after the DF we put her on her back for the night. She can sleep through but on some nights wakes and I do a re-swaddle to get her back to sleep. I'm not sure how to get on to the next stage - ie will she be able to put herself back to sleep without a swaddle - ever????!!!!

I'm wondering whether I should just keep going with swaddling and one day she'll just eventually be able to sleep at naps and nights without it?

Anyone have any advise???      Thanks

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Weaning from swaddle
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 04:19:04 am »
the aussie swaddle has worked wonders for my dd, no more fighting to go to sleep, still wrapped loosely enough to give her some freedom, but not so loose she pokes her eyes out!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005