Author Topic: Help 8mth old not wanting to go to sleep  (Read 919 times)

3xlucky

Help 8mth old not wanting to go to sleep
« on: December 12, 2005, 10:28:18 am »
Code: [Select]
Hi,

I am new to this but my 8mth old is suddenly not wanting to go to bed nothing has changed we have done E.A.S.Y. since he was 3 weeks old and never had any problems except when poorly or growth spurts but now and we havent changed his routine or anything he cries whenever he is put in his cot to nap/sleep.  The only thing I can think is we no longer use a baby sleeping bag but surely that cant be it????????? :?  :? [/list]

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 12:11:42 pm »
I'd need more info to say for sure, but it sounds like a milestone is coming.  When Isom was 9 months he started crawling.  At 8 months, bedtime was horrible.  He just couldn't settle.  He's been that way about every milestone.  It was pretty hectic last month too.  He's about to really start walking.

Like you, I couldn't identify anything wrong or any changes, and it did not appear that crawling was anywhere near.  After his nights settled back down though, he started scooting and pulling himself around.

HTH
Crystal

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 14:40:03 pm »
I'm having the same problem now, only it's naps only. I can't seem to get her down for any more than 40 mins (and she usually fights a little bit before actually going down), and she usually takes good long naps. I can't seem to identify a problem either...other than quite possibly seperation anxiety (and her speech skills have picked up a little...she's starting to say Dadadada...). It's driving me nuts. She's not crawling (doesn't seem close), and doesn't want to roll over (that's never been something she's done on a regular basis anyway), but she does tend to calm down when I enter the room. Keeping her up doesn't work either, neither does putting her down a little earlier.

I'm thinking this is just something else I'll have to weather through. She does take naps, even if they are only 40 mins, but she's cranky all day, which makes a cranky mommy. I figure though, if she's tired enough, she'll take a long nap. I really can't force her to take a longer one if she refuses to at this point. Leaving her alone to fuss a little bit and hope she just goes back to sleep (not cry out), exending naps, etc. doesn't seem to be working either, and I usually keep her up close to 3 hours, I know that's where she's tired enough to sleep long.

Anyway, all this to say, just some thoughts on how I'm handling a similar problem. Hope something in here helps!!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005