Author Topic: jars vs homemade  (Read 1107 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
jars vs homemade
« on: December 12, 2005, 04:01:11 am »
initially i started dd on store bought baby food jars - which she took to no problem.  now i have made some homemade baby food purees and she is not having it!  she made a face like she was gonna scream and her face turned red.  needless to say i would prefer her to eat the homemade stuff cuz i know it's all fresh and no preservatives, so how do i get her to start eating it?  i even tried putting a little bm in so it would taste somewhat familiar.  could i mix it with the store bought jars to get her slowly acquainted with the taste and texture?  or just keep trying and hopefully one day she'll just magically like it?!..and if i try say pureed carrots and she refuses, should i try another food at the same meal or just leave it for the next time??
thanks,
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: jars vs homemade
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:05:02 am »
Quote from: teezee
  could i mix it with the store bought jars to get her slowly acquainted with the taste and texture?

i do this all the time.  olivia has some favourite jars (prefers real smooth purees too, vs. mommy's slightly textured homemade stuff) and as an example: i will open a jar of carrots and rice puree and mix bite by bite with the other item (ratio depends on how easy going she is feeling  :roll: ) if she starts getting annoyed i give her a few "pure" spoonfuls of the jar and then go back to mixing (this is also one way to increase variety for those of us with picky eaters)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
jars vs homemade
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 19:23:05 pm »
Mix mix mix  :lol:  dd never ate jars but to get her away from Baby Porridge and on to ready brek I mixed and eventually got her down to just Ready Brek. Trick is never to go back to what you have weaned off though- well for us anyway.