Author Topic: To go in or not to go in.....that is the question?  (Read 872 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
To go in or not to go in.....that is the question?
« on: December 12, 2005, 15:36:08 pm »
My 4 month old lo is sometimes (50%) of the time able to go through his 45 min. mark at the first am nap (9 am).  For the next nap he is not able to, so I've started wake to sleep, or going in at the 35 min mark to help him back to sleep- sometimes successful.  He's on a 4 hour EASY....  my question is, do I go in in the morning anyway?  When do I step back and let him do it?  I'm afraid that my presence sometimes disturbs him.  I don't really know when he is going to be able to do it on his own...   Any advice/ideas?   :?
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Windsurfer's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • http://www.crystal-seasons.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 17:39:18 pm »
Hi
Kai is now 7 months old and he still sometimes cries for a few mins when I put him down before he falls a sleep. I wait and listen outside the room or if in the car ignore him, only if he conts for over 5 mins do i interviene, mostly by stroking him and not talking. I am sure you will soon have it all sorted with your lo
clare
Life's a journey, not a destination!

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 03:47:08 am »
Quote (selected)
do I go in in the morning anyway?

Totally up to you, sounds like he only needs it some times.

When do I step back and let him do it?
I would stick w/ it (anything you try) for 2 weeks, then step back and see if he can do it on his own.  If not give him a few more days and repeat.  I don't think there are any rules on this one...

Good luck!