Author Topic: HOW MUCH ACTIVITY TIME FOR 10 WEEK OLD?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Lovejoy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:24:53 am »
hi i'm trying to get baby into a routine, difficult at mo as she won't sleep until late.
We start to bath, feed and put her in her cot 7pm and she currently won't settle to sleep until 11.30pm (if we are lucky - and even then with help of dummy)
She woke at 9am, so i thougt great start a routine now (esp as normally she wakes up 11am which gets my whole day messed up and no chance of routine)  So i fed, changed, played with her and by 10am she showed signs of tiredness so I've now put her in her cot to sleep 10.15am.

my question is how do i get a daily routine esp if i start to wake her earlier (i refuse to wake her at 7am though if she is sleeping so late!) and she sleeps within an hour as she is obviously tired.   How much wake up time "Should" she have in between sleeps?  As i breast feed on demand at mo, she feeds every 4hours

sorry long post, am new to this and find the book BW a bit confusing!

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
HOW MUCH ACTIVITY TIME FOR 10 WEEK OLD?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 19:37:13 pm »
I started EASY at 10 weeks too, we were also breastfeeding.  I looked thru my log and my dd's activity was only lasting 1 to 1.5 hrs.  I too was feeding every 4 hours (around the clock) but I moved back to every 3 hours during the day plus a dreamfeed so that I could cut back on the night feedings.   And that worked brilliantly :D 

Also, if you want your lo to start going to bed earlier, you have to start the day earlier.  So you MUST wake your lo early at 7am, even if she's sleeping:!:  Then put her down for nap 1 around 8-8:30am and stick closely to the 3hr EASY routine for a couple weeks.  This is the quickest way you'll get on a good routine.  :D  :D

Hope that helps, Tarri