Author Topic: Refluxer crying with eating pureed foods  (Read 1029 times)

Offline LVMYBOYS

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 13, 2005, 02:55:45 am »
My sweet little refluxer really seems to LOVE the new foods I'm introducing to him.  He's had pureed peaches, squash, bananas, and sweet potatoes in addition to the staple rice cereal.  My question is:  Why does he all of a sudden go from wide open, bird-like "can't shove it in fast enough" mouth to screaming crying and arching his back?  Is his reflux acting up and bothering him?  He's on meds for his reflux, which has helped the spitting up tremendously and he's just turned 7 mo. old.  Any advice???

Offline Mum to Ella Rose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 275
Refluxer crying with eating pureed foods
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 03:28:58 am »
It's the arching of the back that makes me think reflux... otherwise dd has always been pretty vocal about "that's enough mum!"  :lol:  But that arching is soooo classic reflux. Have you had his dosage increased lately? I would probably check with your doctor to be on the safe side...

Sharon
~Sharon~  proud Mummy to

Ella Rose November 20, 2004
Alexander James March 19, 2008

Offline mattandcindy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 03:30:12 am »
I wquld say if it looks like reflux pain and smells like reflux pain than it is reflux pain.
Even though the pureed foods are heavier, they still can come back up and cause the pain. Abigail was pretty bad with her reflux until she started on true table foods that were much heavier.
Plus, things like peaches, etc are acidic and seem to aggravate the reflux more. Abigail was the same way, ravenous for solids than refluxy after.
Fortunately, most outgrow it.
What med is your lo on?
Cindy