Author Topic: What age did your toddler give up the nap?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline mcmorfit

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What age did your toddler give up the nap?
« on: December 13, 2005, 03:30:02 am »
I would just like to find out when other kiddos gave up their afternoon naps.  DD is 2.75 and will go one week napping everyday for 2 - 3 hours and then the next week no naps.  SOOOOOOO I'm thinking that the end is near of "schedulded" naptime.  We still stick to quiet time for those days she doesn't nap so at least I can get a 20 minute nap.
Ellen
Mama to Lucy, 2/27/03

Heather

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 05:36:37 am »
DS#1 was done by 2.5yrs :( .  He had a little stint about 10 months ago that he was really sick and went back to napping again for a few weeks but not regularly.  I let it go too easily and now I wish I hadn't.  I didn't keep encouraging it and I should have.

DS#2 is 2.5yrs now and I don't know if he'll ever give it up!  He sleeps over 12 hours per night and a 2 hour nap every day and I have to wake him up from it or he'd keep sleeping!  He is a sleeping machine. :D

Offline jacks mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • San Diego, California!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 06:01:42 am »
DS is 4 1/2 and will still nap about 2-3 times a week. DD is 2 1/2 and sleeps 12 hours at night and a 2-3 hour nap every day. Like Owen, she is a sleeping maching. In my experience they go through little phases where they wont want to sleep. But if you keep up with the routine, they always go back to napping. Hang on to it for as long as you can!! :D
Jennifer

Jack 6/01/01
Charis 5/15/03