Author Topic: Baby sleeping in own bed  (Read 907 times)

Offline Gracielynne

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 13, 2005, 07:39:17 am »
:(  My ten month old sleeps with us in our bed. I'm trying to get him to sleep in his bed... He crys no-stop in his crib. If i nurse him he'll falll asleep then I'll put him in the bed that only last maybe a hour or so. My husband work at 3am and needs sleep. I can't bear my baby crying. I have tryed to let him cry him self to sleep... It dosen't work. I even tryed putting a playpen in our room. He would only sleep in it half the night. Help Please!!! :?:  :?:

Offline Windsurfer's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • http://www.crystal-seasons.co.uk
Baby sleeping in own bed
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:39:52 am »
I do not know the answer. When Kai was 9 weeks old we soon found out that he would stop crying as soon as we picked him up!! so we went cold turkeyish. We put him down tired but awake so that if he woke up he would not be thrown by being somewhere different. We settled him in the cot by not talking but giving lots of strokes. we did this alot and we left him to cry for 5mins then 10 and so on.
have u tried puttig him in there for naps? using thr room for play and dressimg?
good luck, you will have to go through hell but think long term and know that he is ok.
clare
Life's a journey, not a destination!