Author Topic: 4.5 MO eating increasingly less over the past week  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
4.5 MO eating increasingly less over the past week
« on: December 13, 2005, 21:17:12 pm »
I'm not sure if I should be worried.  I wonder if maybe she's not feeling well, when I piece together a few things from over the past week...
1) more pooping
2) threw up one night when we tried to give the DF (just from smelling the bottle), and refused last night's DF too
3) generally grumpy, doesn't want to play independently and difficult to put down for naps (usually goes down very easily)
4) eating anywhere from 2.5 - 4 oz every 4 hours when she was up to 5-7 oz every four hours. (to make it simpler, she's now having about 14-18 oz daily where before she was closer to 23-30)

Can anyone offer an opinion on whether I should be concerned?  Does any of this sound like teething?  I thought it was INCREASED appetite that was a sign of teething...

Thanks!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 14:00:05 pm »
It's not uncommon for babies to go through little phases where they take less than they normally do.  I also think it is/can be a sign of teething.   When Zoe was getting one of hers, she refused the bottle for almost the entire day   :(     Just try to go with the flow and it should eventually increase again.  And as long as she continues to gain weight, she should be OK.  Have you already increased the nipple size?  If not, that might help too  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 21:55:44 pm »
Thanks, that's reassuring.  Yes, we're on medium flow nipples now.

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80