Author Topic: At what point do they sleep through  (Read 924 times)

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
At what point do they sleep through
« on: December 13, 2005, 21:21:59 pm »
:D
My LO is 131/2 weeks old. She goes to bed around 7.00pm and goes down within an hour. I DF between 10.30pm/11.00pm but then the longest stretch she goes is four hours. She weighs 11lbs 1oz does this have any affect?

I have tried feeding her more during the day but she has just gone to a four hour EASY as she was refusing the boob on three hour. Have tried offering both boobs, once she has finished on one, offer the other no joy!!!

please help
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline crazycanuck

• Sarah
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • my nugget - she melts my heart
more calories in the day
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 01:46:00 am »
sounds to me like she needs more calories in the daytime, this is harder to gage since you are BF but this would be my guess.  after reading the book I felt this pressure and sense that logan should be sleeping through but no matter how much I try to feed him more in the day he still wakes once at around 3am and goes down around 7 - 7:30.  He weighs far more though, he's pushing 16lbs.  maybe she isn't ready for a 4 hour easy, logan is not.....he still eats every 3 or 3.5..............it will come.........i am convinced!!!

breastfed for 6 months and exclusively pumping now!!!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
At what point do they sleep through
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:05:41 am »
There is no set weight feeding routine or "trick" to get a baby to sleep through & mostly they sleep through for a while & then a milestone changes that & they wake up again & the cycle goes on, they get sick &/or teeth & they wake up if they were sleeping through.
I have to say the best suggestion is to make sure your lo isn't helped to sleep before bedtime & that you feed well during the day & eventually it should happen...some babies are better than others... I have one good & one bad sleeper & I can tell you, Don't wait for it to happen, just expect to have broken nights of sleep for a long while yet & adjust your life to fit that & it WILL be so much easier... waiting & expecting the "sleep through" is very stressful... accepting that they may not, makes the times they do so enjoyable KWIM
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05