Author Topic: 6mos old, not interested in food!  (Read 1225 times)

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
6mos old, not interested in food!
« on: December 13, 2005, 21:35:09 pm »
I preclude this by saying that my ds is 6 mos, 22lbs, 29in, usually takes 45oz of formula/day plus solids.  Obviously, he is usually a great eater. but over the past few days, he has hardly eaten anything(by his standards).  Now I think that I can probably chalk this up to teething, however, he is very distracted by everything, and leans way backwards to see what is going on- even in a quiet room.
Anyone else have this happen to them?
Lisa

Offline zofia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 21:49:55 pm »
yes i am having same problem she used to eat a whole jar of food plus have her bottles but now she just wants her bottle and no solids she also is't sleeping very well waking up at 2am in the morning and not going back to sleep till around 4am i've tried all differnt foods and she refuses to have a bar of them i've even had to go out and buy a thickener for her milk as she would drink aroun 12 bottles in 24hrs now we are down to about 6 to 8 with thickener.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:23:14 am »
same here, dd loves her solids and wouldn't have a single bite for about 4 days-i think most of it is teething b/c today one tooth popped and she started eating again.   :shock:
also, she wasn't nursing as long either, so i would pump and then try to give her some in a bottle, which only lasted so long before she would get nosy and start looking around - my lifesaver is that i taught her to use a straw last week and now she takes whatever bm is left over through that...i think that saved me from night wakings b/c she was still getting enough calories throughout the day!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 00:24:06 am »
Well, this is day 3 of whatever he is up to.  He is very excited by solids, starts jumping around anytime he sees anyone with anything going toward their mouth, but only taking about 2 oz of formula at a time.  He is eating his solids alright (about a jar a day plus cereal- I don't measure it), and he will take a full usual 9 oz at his dream feed (only b/c he is asleep I think).  Could he just be wanting more solids and less formula during the day? 
Lisa
P.S. he is still sleeping

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 03:11:11 am »
if u start having night wakings u might want to limit how much solids u are allowing your lo to have.  i know i had that prob with dd..she stopped nursing as much in anticipation of getting her solids..so i had to cut them out for a few days and start back slowly.  i always feel so bad now, she always wants more and i don't allow it b/c she won't have a good feeding the next time i nurse her...and then the night wakings start so she can make up for the day's lost calories.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005