Author Topic: night waking after 1hr  (Read 1066 times)

Offline stellababe1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:46:11 am »
My daughter is 8months old and for the past month has been waking 1 hour past her bedtime with screaming.  When I go in she is wide awake.  I do the Pick up/put down with her and this works to send her back to sleep.  She has teethed since 3 months and is currently onto her top eye teeth.  Is it this? I have begun using teething powder before bedtime and this has worked recently.  She gets 11 hours at night and still has 3 naps of 1 1/2 hours each day.  During the day she seems to have a little separation anxiety with me leaving the room for anything more than a few minutes.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
night waking after 1hr
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 04:14:04 am »
Sounds like it might be a combination of teething, separation anxiety & possibly getting ready to move to 2 day sleeps... just from moderating this forum, I have observed that the most common reason for a wake up in the first couple of hours after bedtime is overtiredness... the next is not tired enough. So you might like to try to work towards going to 2 day time naps... delay the first a little & then the second a bit too & you will probably have to have an earlier bedtime some days & some will be 3 naps & some 2 a day for a few weeks.

HTH
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05