Author Topic: Don't try this at home!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Don't try this at home!
« on: December 14, 2005, 14:01:02 pm »
I'm pleased to report I've been having some success with wake to sleep by going into Zander's room after 35 minutes and turning him slightly onto his back from his side so that he stirs - he's been sleeping between 1 and 1.5 hours and is so much happier when he wakes up, I even get a smile when I go in sometimes!

This morning I took him into my office to see some colleagues and I kept bumping into people on my way out so by the time we got home he was very tired and took a fair bit of pat/shush PU/PD to get him to sleep but we got there eventually.  Then I went in after 35 minutes and moved him but he hardly stirred so I moved him a bit more and I WOKE HIM UP!!!  I thought he cried hard when he got up early from his 45 minute naps but you should have heard him screaming, I was so cross with myself!  I've just got him back to sleep (sucking his thumb for the first time - very sweet!) and am about to do the 35 minute thing again.  Needless to say I'll be exercising caution this time!!

Kelly x

Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Don't try this at home!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 04:25:40 am »
thanks for sharing, yes the KEY for awake to sleep is to get them to stir...not wake them!  :P