Author Topic: 45 min naps, 2 in the morning, 2 in aft....  (Read 862 times)

Offline Baby Chase's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
45 min naps, 2 in the morning, 2 in aft....
« on: December 14, 2005, 16:42:51 pm »
I know that the goal of EASY is to establish 3 naps for this age....one in the morning, one in the afternoon and a catnap.  my son is 5 mos and sleeps for 45 min from 9:15 - 10:00 and then again from 11:30 - 12:15.  In the afternoon he sleeps from 2:00 - 2:45 and then again from 4:15 - 5:00.  Does anyone else have this?  I have tried keeping him up until the next nap, which is way too long and he is exhausted I am having such difficulty having his naps in one big chunk of 1.5 hours each time.  I tried going in right before the wake up phase and placing my hand on him, but that only causes him to realize I am there and wake up completely.  Anybody have this problem or any advice on how to consolidate his sleep effectively?
Tara
Mom to Chase
07/06/05

Offline sunshine88

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 16:55:54 pm »
I have this problem too and our schedule sounds similar to yours.  My baby wakes up so happy and she just does not seem tired.  I don't like to keep her up too long either because then she will get overtired so I also have not been succesful in consolidating her naps.  Sometimes I wonder if it's better to just leave it as is as she is a pretty good night sleeper and a generally happy baby.
I would be interested to hear if anyone had success changing this pattern in a happy waker!
Joshua born Nov.19, 2002
Jorja born August 9, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 18:51:38 pm »
luke did that for a while, and then eventually his naps lengthened on their own - i'm sure it's not due to anything i did!   :lol:

i remember posting a similar question once & lots of lovely mommies reassured me that their lo's naps generally lengthened by 6 months old.
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Baby Chase's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 20:02:37 pm »
Thanks!  Will definitely hope for that :D
Tara
Mom to Chase
07/06/05