Author Topic: Waking, Hungry or not?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline hazbt25

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Waking, Hungry or not?
« on: December 14, 2005, 16:54:02 pm »
My baby is 21 weeks old and had been following the 3 hour easy plan and sleeping from 7.30pm - 7.30am straight through for a couple of weeks.  She has now started waking once during the night, sometimes at 00.30, 03.30 or 05.30.
She is really sucking her thumb and will not settle with a shh pat so I give her the bottle and she is taking around 5 oz at this time.  I haven't done the dream feed with her as I tried before with no success and she was sleeping through without it.  I am trying to put her on 4 hour easy to see if this helps but she then gets fed at 7, 11, 3, then 7 taking abot 5oz each time.  Do I definately give her a dream feed with the 4 hour plan?  Want to do the best thing for her and for me and feel a bit lost!  Have tried her on some baby rice but didn't make much difference!
Any advice appreciated.  Thank you

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Waking, Hungry or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 04:22:27 am »
You have been really lucky to get 7.30-7.30 at such a young age... 1 night feed in that time is very normal, so yes you either need to offer a df or give the feed when she wakes... rice cereal can actually increase wakings in some younger babies (less than 6mo) so it is less of a solution than giving milk, which your dd needs
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05