Author Topic: A Good Sleeper Has Turned Into a Nightmare Sleeper...HELP!  (Read 1451 times)

Offline natnat150880

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
A Good Sleeper Has Turned Into a Nightmare Sleeper...HELP!
« on: December 14, 2005, 16:56:45 pm »
Hi,

Archie started sleeping through from 4 weeks...going 13hrs at a time.  About 6 weeks ago, he had an operation to remove an abscess on his bum...and around that time, though not immediately after...he has started waking during the night.  It started firstly with him just fidgeting and whining for his dummy...but it's started to get worse, and now I'm having to feed him once or twice a night (he takes 8oz each time).  He doesn't really wake, and I'd say is asleep when he's drinking, and then he'll go straight to sleep after...but I can't seem to settle him without a bottle...and am assuming that because he's taking 8oz, he's hungry?!

What annoys me, is that he was a perfect sleeper...and *something* has made him change, but I don't know what!  His daytime routine hasn't changed, and I don't do anything different with him, he's just started waking.  He was sleeping with me initially when he started fidgeting, so I put him in his cot as I thought I was disturbing him, but it's got no better.  He does seem to settle better in my bed if he's having a fidgety time, but it won't stop him waking up.

Any ideas on how I can stop this now it's started?  I just want the old baby back!
Natalie - 25 (feeling 67)
Georgie - 3 (I was a perfect baby)
Archie - 6ms (I'm not so perfect)

xxx

Offline mickymuscles

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
A Good Sleeper Has Turned Into a Nightmare Sleeper...HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 17:30:52 pm »
I'd say it probably started with a growth spurt.  Have you introduces solids yet?  It sounds like he's not getting enough calories in during the day.  Especially since he's taking in so much and going straight back to sleep after.
Micky
mom to 2 beautiful boys!