Author Topic: No More bottles?!  (Read 1020 times)

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
No More bottles?!
« on: December 14, 2005, 22:06:43 pm »
Ds is 17 months.  Up until now he has always had a small bottle before his nap and a bottle with pediasure before bed (a little worried about weight gain, although the ped now says he is fine, 50th percentile). He is going through a bad cold with stuffy nose plus a rotten case of teething.  I think another molar and possibly eye teeth.  He has voluntarily given up his bottle.  If I offer it he grabs at his mouth and runs the other way screaming.  I assume his mouth hurts too much.  I wouldn't even care if he would drink his pediasure out of a cup, but he won't.  I have tried mixing it with milk, etc but he says no. He seems to have lost a little weight to me, but I have read that is not unusual with teeth/cold. Has anyone elses toddler lost weight during teething/cold? He is eating so so and still sleeping through the night.  I know it sounds strange for me to want him to take a bottle at this age, but its the only way to get pediasure into him as he will only eat so much.  Maybe I worry for nothing, but I just want him to maintain his weight gain as we had been doing so well.  Do you think he'll take his bottle back when his teeth come in?
Julie

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
No More bottles?!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 18:29:05 pm »
Hi Julie,

when my dd has a cold or is teething it is not unusual for her to go off eating and drinking.  His mouth could feel quite sensitive and sore if he is teething....have you tried giving him his medicine with a syringe?

Just keep offering him foods that he likes and will eat if you are still worried about his weight gain.

Hope he feels better soon!

HTH  :D
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]