Author Topic: Is she cluster-feeding herself to sleep?  (Read 809 times)

Offline LisbonMom

• Ah ... where would I be without my BW community?
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 94
  • Mom, doula, writer and babywhisperer
    • Doula in Lisbon, Portugal
Is she cluster-feeding herself to sleep?
« on: December 14, 2005, 22:41:55 pm »
My 5 week-old dd is on a 3 hour EASY (starting at 7:00am, 10,13,16,19,22,01,04). Her 19:00-22:00 nap is always problematic. She'll wake up, eat (ebf), put on Pjs (bath is in the morning) and change nappy. Then I'll put on her music-box and let her be. The music-box works fine as her sleep cue during the day, but never at this time, when she sleeps on and off for 20 minutes at a time, and nothing gets her to sleep soundly (which she does at the other naps). Anything will wake her up, gas, spit up, noisy big sister, whatever. Usually by 21:00 I end up feeding her (I might as well cluster feed if she's awake anyway...). After a full meal she's so sleepy I put her to bed. Lately (for the past week), she's been extending her next feed more and more (last night was at 02:30 - she slept 5 hours!). So, is she cluster-feeding herself to sleep ???
In the BW book, Tracy mentions cf with df from 6 weeks, so I hadn't tried to do these before. Should I go ahead and try the df, and see if I get lucky? And why is this nap time so troublesome ??? What can I do to ease it a bit?
Any comments appreciated !!!

Thanks, Sara
Sara

Come over to the Dark Side, we have popcorn.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Is she cluster-feeding herself to sleep?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 20:58:08 pm »
you can defninitely try cf & df.  i never had much luck with the df, but both kids cf and it helped wonders! 

that way, my evenings looked somthing like:
1630 eat
1730 catnap
1830 eat
2100 eat & bed

those time are pretty sketchy - i've blocked most of that out of my memory!   :oops:  :lol:   

keep in mind too that she will be hitting her 6-week growth spurt soon and will likely be eating more often anyhow.

good luck & HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy