Author Topic: Still not sleeping through the night at 12 months  (Read 1131 times)

Offline kyan1911

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Still not sleeping through the night at 12 months
« on: December 15, 2005, 00:35:42 am »
My son who is 1 year and 3 weeks is still not slepping through the nigh at least for me. he spends one night a week with my mother and ALWAYS sleeps right the way through.

We have spent the last week getting him off the night time feeds with has been tough but we really need a full night sleep.

He napps well during the day either 2 hour naps or one long nap 2 - 2.5 hours and he eats well so we don't think that he's waking because he's hungry.

Help i could really do with some advice or o nodd in the right direction

Offline india's mum

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 02:51:36 am »
sorry, no advice, but you are not alone!!!!  Our dd is 11 months, and still is waking 3-4 times at night.  She is a happy girl, eats great, has a nice 2 hour nap every day (or 2 one hour naps).  I'm beginning to wonder when it ends.  It seems if she isn't cutting teeth she has a cold or there is some other reason (i'm guessing) that she isn't sleeping through.

I figured by this time she would be sleeping through, but i guess some babies just don't.   :roll:

hang in there, and hopefully someone will have some good advice for both of us!!!

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 06:57:47 am »
does he sleep in his own room?
do you think it's comfort factor? is it cold or noisy?
is there something different to your home and your mum's home?

my mum's home is much quieter and warmer, so sam sleeps better there. now i put a portable radiator in sam's room, and put timer on so to make sure his room is warm in the middle of the night.

hth
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 07:31:10 am »
how quickly do you respond when he wakes up... I know I wake for my 2yo at every sound -don't always have to get up for him, but he wakes me with talking/moaning EVERY NIGHT
You may find you are more in-tune to his noises than your mother & so she isn't woken by him when you are.
When he wakes unless you know it is a "help me" cry try to count to 100 before you respond. listen to how he crys & see if he is just making "resettling noises"
You may actually be 'waking" him by responding too soon.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline kyan1911

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 13:13:05 pm »
thanks it's nice to see we're not alone.

no he sleeps in a cot in our room because we don't have a second bedroom.

i keep the bedroom warm the same as at my mums and no tv no light same as my mum.

I used to breast feed him so the night feeds weren't such a big deal as i'd just put him in our bed. i think it's more comfort than anything else. I try not to respond to soon but he somtimes get's him self so worked up it takes 20-40 mins to get him back off to bed.