Author Topic: Doesn't like to poop?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Doesn't like to poop?
« on: December 15, 2005, 02:12:13 am »
My 8WO DD has been shrieking when she poops for weeks.  We've tried a couple of things with limited success.  So, in tears today, I talked again to her doc and we're going to start adding prune juice to make sure that her stools are soft every time. 

But, he said that some babies just don't like to poop.  They scream even with soft stools - perhaps it's the sensation or something.  So, I'm looking for some reassurance from all of you.  Did your LO have soft, easy-to-pass stools and still scream the house down while pooping (and there was nothing physically wrong with their bum)?  When did they grow out of it? 

Thanks for easing my mind.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline mthyne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Doesn't like to poop?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:15:56 am »
I didn't experience it myself, but I have a friend who's DD is still like that at age 4.  I'm not trying to tell you it will last that long (hopefully not), but just to reassure you that it's not unheard of!
Melissa
Mom to Penelope and Alex
er

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
Doesn't like to poop?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 16:07:04 pm »
my lo was like this for a few weeks but grew out of it quickly.  is your lo bottle fed or bf??  when they are that young they may need to just learn to use all those muscles..
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline ~BeckyD~

• Showing Appreciation 67
  • Devon, England
Doesn't like to poop?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 16:40:51 pm »
At that age Jack was constipated on SMA formula so health visitor advised changing formulas to Aptamil-which we did.  This made his poops a lot runnier, however-he was still crying for weeks after they became softer.  Health visitor said this was because he still associated going poop with the pain he felt when he was constripated, and it would probably continue for a few months, which it did.  It was horrible seeing him cry every time, and honestly thought it would never end, but it did and he is absolutely fine now.x