Author Topic: Which Nuby sippy cup?  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« on: December 15, 2005, 15:45:02 pm »
Hi there. I´ve read lots of sippy cups recommendations and they all point to the Nuby one being the best, but when I tried to buy one I saw lots of different models even in the http page so I am confused. If you recommend a Nuby sippy cup which one would it be. Can you refer to the link page so I can actually see it? Do they come for different ages or stage or why is it that ther are so much models? Hope you can help... thanks again.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Which Nuby sippy cup?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 15:55:33 pm »
i personally have heard great things about nuby too but have had nothing but problems with all of their products - so now i refuse to buy anything nuby.  the choice i stick to is gerber - their products are wonderful i think..i use diaper rash cream, lotion, soap, sippy and straw cups, everything gerber! 
the worst thing that happened that made me have a personal boycott of nuby was when i gave ds these keys that were a teething ring, i went to do dishes and she was nice and quiet, when i looked at her next her face was full of blood!!!! :shock:  :shock:  :shock: she cut her mouth on the nuby wording on the handle - not a happy mommy to say the least - i called the company and they sent me a different teething ring, like that helped poor lo's gums heal any quicker - but don't they test these products so babies don't get hurt, it's a teething ring and is supposed to be meant for chewing...sorry for the rant.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Which Nuby sippy cup?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 15:55:52 pm »
I can heartily recommend the Dr Browns cup - here is the link where it shows you all. You can order from the site too.

http://www.babybfree.com/Default.aspx?pid=254

H xxx

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
Which Nuby sippy cup?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 17:24:43 pm »
I have used the Nuby cups that have a silicone spout just like a bottle nipple, but it's shaped like a sippy cup spout.  I only used them for a few months though while transitioning dd to regular sippy cups.  They do leak from time to time if you don't get the lid pulled into the ring tightly (just like bottles) but they really helped dd figure out what to do with a sippy.  Here's a pic:
http://www.netkidswear.com/12oznunogrcu.html
I always got mine at Walmart, but I think Babies R Us carries them too as well as other places.

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Which Nuby sippy cup?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 09:54:05 am »
Just to add to this, to help stop these leaking it's better to put then together while they're still wet (same as the Avent bottles).

love
Marie

Offline NKmommy

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Which Nuby sippy cup?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 17:43:27 pm »
We used the same one as Stacie - it was great!
Sheila
ng