Author Topic: HELP-Desperately Seeking Nap Fairy!!!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline gaealove

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
HELP-Desperately Seeking Nap Fairy!!!
« on: December 16, 2005, 01:07:31 am »
Hi everyone! This is my first time using this message board, I have been using "The Baby Whisperer" techniques for almost a year now and they have literally saved my life,sanity and marriage. Unfortunately, I'm now having serious nap issues with my 15 month old daughter. Every thing started when I stopped her last breastfeeding...since then it seems that things just keep getting worse. I have been spending no less than an 1 hour and 15 min. trying to get her to take her nap and finally giving up out of emotional exhaustion. She constantly gets more and more upset, flinging her body around, hitting her head on the bars of her crib, sometimes hurting herself pretty badly. To clarify, she doesn't bang her head, it's just that she is very long,34 inches, and when she flings her body back she hits the bars. I honestly don't know what to do!!! Can anyone help???

Offline mommyof2boys

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 02:40:11 am »
Can you post your schedule?

I'm guessing an earlier nap may be in order...
mommy of Graham--August 10, 2005
mommy of Bennett--January 30,2003

Offline gaealove

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 21:11:46 pm »
7:00-wake up and give bottle;she doesn't usually drink much
8:00-breakfast
10:30-snack
11:00-TRY to nap
1:00-lunch
4:00-snack
6:00-dinner
7:30-8:00-sleep

Just so you know...she still goes to sleep for my husband. SO, I'm pretty sure it's something to do with me. The only thing I've changed with my method is that when she becomes hysterical I lean down to calm her down; then she calms down and immediately goes into play mode, but when I pull away she starts screaming and flinging her body around. I'm really scared she's going to seriously injure herself. I've actually considered putting her in a twin bed with the safety things on the sides because I fear she's going to break her foot or ankle when she sticks her feett in between the bars. I always pull her foot, legs, hands down when she puts them between the bars, but she continues to do it and gets even more upset.

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 03:35:15 am »
Stacy, i think that was great advice and perfectly in line w/ BWer'ing.  I can't think of anything else to add except to ask how r you responding to the new and unwanted behaviour?