Author Topic: Can babies change personality?  (Read 1237 times)

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Can babies change personality?
« on: December 16, 2005, 20:59:10 pm »
Not sure where to post this...

when we first bought Lydia and Sam home it was clear, to me at least, that Lydia was extremely touchy, and Sam was the more laid back of the two.
He was quite happy to lay in his cot looking at the world, and slept through and she would scream before her eyes were open, and wake several times a night.
Now though, it's like someone has swopped them over - Lydia sleeps like a champ - at least 10 hours a night, usually 11/12, and you wouldn't know she was awake unless you went into their room and saw her.
Sam needs another feed at 11/1130pm, wakes several times a night, usually for that flipping dummy  :twisted: and won't lay quietly in his cot at all.
Is this usual???
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 22:16:37 pm »
Absolutely no answer for you, but I wondered the same question.  My DD is 8WO and seems to have gotten a little more touchy since she has realized there's a whole world around her.  Before, she wasn't bothered by anything, could be held by and smile at anyone.  Now, she's a bit more sensitive to sounds/light and, while she won't immediately cry with others, she does check them out thoroughly.  Am curious if others have noticed a change and when it "sticks".
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:51:23 am »
i absolutely think their personalities can change!  whether it be environment, our parenting, siblings, i think anything can alter/change a lo's personality and toleration of life as they know it!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005