Author Topic: how to keep 2 yr old in bed for naps or atleast quiet time  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
how to keep 2 yr old in bed for naps or atleast quiet time
« on: December 16, 2005, 21:18:07 pm »
So we've been really lucky that dd almost always stays in her bed and happily goes to sleep.  Lately however she's started complaining from time to time at either naptime or bedtime saying "up pease" and not wanting to go to sleep after we finish her routine.  I know she's just fighting going to bed as she complains before bath as well knowing that's the start of her bedtime routine and I know it's normal, but what to do about it.  Most of the times we've convinced her to stay in her bed by giving her one of her decorative pillows or another stuffed animal which I guess distracts her enough to stay in the bed.  Twice this week though she's stayed in her room talking for about an hour and then starts banging on the door (I have a childproof doorknob thingie on the inside for just this reason).  When I go in, that's definitely the end of naptime or like today, I lay down with her until she fell asleep which I DO NOT want to get into the habit of doing especially with baby coming so soon.  How do you get out of the room when they don't want you to leave?  We used to let her cry for a time when she was in her crib and fighting bedtime cause she'd give in after 2 mins, but now she follows us and bangs on the door.  How do you keep your dc in bed on the chance that they might fall asleep or atleast get some down time???