Author Topic: I need moral support, again  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
I need moral support, again
« on: December 15, 2005, 19:45:39 pm »
So, I had been working on getting dd down to one feeding a night, and she was only waking twice for the last few weeks, and I would use the paci to get ber back to sleep once (to make sure we went at least 8 hours between feeds), and feed her the other time (usually between 3-5 in the a.m., this is never consistent).

Well we got a tooth, and her day scedule had been wacky because we had a ton of family in for her baptism, so needless to say we were not very consistent.

Although I am worried she may be unconfortable from teething, I am trying not to give any more Tylenol or teething tablet, as we were using them a little too much for my taste.

So last night she woke once for water and paci at 9 (fell back to sleep in less than 5 minutes), then again at 11:10pm, and I used a combo of pat/shush and pou'pd for 1 hour and 45 minutes  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

She slept until 5 am, and I fed her and she slept until 7ish.

I really want to get her to no feedings, but since I have never done a df, I am willing to wake in the early morning to feed her.

I just need some moral support to know that it's going to get better and better every night I do this. Thanks ladies.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
I need moral support, again
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 08:10:50 am »
Beata, it will get better, teething does disrupt the routine & so does things like Christenings... the thing is to keep being consistent & stay with the not feeding until 3am, then gradually move that to 4 & then 5 etc
Also make sure at the beginning of the night (bedtime) that she always goes to sleep on her own... ie not feeding to sleep (says she who just let Liam fall asleep on the boob)- that really is the key to reducing waking & if you can get her down with no paci... even better.
It will get better, just look where you have come so far  :)
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05