Author Topic: won't take bottle because of teething  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
won't take bottle because of teething
« on: December 17, 2005, 20:02:06 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place for this because dd is mostly bf but it is a bottle question.

Anyway, I've just read through the posts on how to get your bf baby to take a bottle but my question wasn't addressed in it. DD gets one bottle per day after her last feed to supplement. She started teething last week and stopped taking the bottle. Now she is getting up at night because she's hungry.

Has this happened to anyone? How should I handle it? I want to start weaning as well. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Also, I plan on using several of the tips from the above mentioned post but just wanted hear other opinions on the teething thing.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 05:22:43 am »
my lo's appetite changed while her teeth were about to come through - wouldn't even eat her solids which are very loved by her, but i just trusted she knew what she wanted and would try a little bit later to feed her - say after an hour try again - so at times we were on 5 hr easy instead of 4hr easy so she would be hungry enough to 'cave'.  u can also try and feed her while she is still drowsy and see if that works at all.  it is probably just a phase caused by teeth or something go with the flow and good luck
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 15:12:58 pm »
Thanks Tawnya, she is doing a little better. Saturday I tried some of the tricks posted on the other forum and got her to take a four oz bottle. It's slow but it's getting better. She also ate her solids for the first time in a week too. Of course she slept through the night too since her tummy was full. Guess you're right. They'll make their adjustments and we just have to watch their cues. Thanks again. k
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05