Author Topic: Extending naps not working, please help!  (Read 3230 times)

Offline littleA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Saucer's Spirited 6 mos Baby
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 07:52:04 am »
Saucer - oh do I feel your pain!  It is very challenging to stick to the schedule and get ANYTHING DONE!  When my "spirited baby" was 6 mos old, his napping was limited to 2 45-min naps (with longer activity time).  If your babe is a good night sleeper, I wouldn't stress.  Once my little guy started crawling around he tired himself out more and started sleeping for 1.5hr+ for each nap (around 8 mos).  I don't think that the holidays is the best time to get in the groove with the Whisperer schedule - try and stay on it generally speaking but don't stress.  Lastly, even when you have them on a schedule, sometimes things change (party, shopping, etc), its best just to roll with it.  They are pretty adaptable and if they are on their schedule 85% of the time they will be happy.  Before I go - CONGRATS on the new baby!

Offline jmcinnes

• Showing Appreciation 0
Extending naps not working, please help!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 00:22:39 am »
Hi Saucer-
Are you still out there?  I have been doing the same schedule as you with my spirited little girl.  While there were a couple of days that she took good naps, the last few she has been getting up after 30-45 mins and then I do p/u p/d and she cries the entire rest of the sleep period.  Just wondering if you could give me any insight and let me know what worked for you and if it is still working.
Jennifer

Offline Rebecca P

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 19:08:28 pm »
Hello!  I am also new to this, and I just wanted to empathize with you regarding naps.  My daughter is 14  1/2 weeks old, and I have been trying Tracy's method for about two weeks.  Naps were ok, and now she sleeps about 30-35 minutes and then wakes up.  I have tried wake to sleep, and I have ensured I am at her bedside when she wakes up at the 30-35 minute mark to try to get her back down.  Often I use p/u p/d for the entire nap time, OR, do it for 30 minutes and she'll fall back to sleep for 30 minutes. 
I basically just wanted to say I know how you feel.  I am also very frustrated with naps.  Her night sleeps are very good, but the naps make the day quite intolerable (especially when I am alone!).  I think the next "trick" I am going to try is white noise (I'll let you know how it works out!!).
Take care, and know you're not alone with this problem!
Becky (Taylor's mom!) :wink: