Author Topic: Tummy sleeper troubles  (Read 1216 times)

Offline ~BeckyD~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 67
  • Devon, England
Tummy sleeper troubles
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:12:00 pm »
I have already recieved some advice on this from a fellow sufferer(micah'smom) for which I am so appreciative... however, I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there with this same problem?
In short, Jack has slept on tummy from a few weeks old.  Now at 5 1/2 months he has just in the last week started rolling onto his back during the night and he cannot settle back to sleep on his back so wakes us up. Once we go into him, we put him back onto his tummy, a couple pats on the bum and we leave the room.  He will then fuss a little and put himself back off to sleep.  So the actual awake time during the night is not that much, but it is the amount of times we are having to get up and go into him.  Last few nights it has been 3-4 times every night.
So I have a few questions on how to approach this. 
Should I try to teach him to fall asleep on his back? or should I keep trying to encourage him to learn to roll back to tummy, so he can flip himself back over in the night?(I am trying so hard!!!) We spend a lot of his activity time during the day lying on his back trying to get him to roll onto tummy but he is not interested at all now.
At the moment it is not happening during daytime naps (although now I have said that I am sure it will only be a matter of time.)
Please help!!!
Thanks all
X

Offline Paulsmama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 17:12:33 pm »
Hi, we went through the same thing with the rolling over nightwakings.  The worst of it lasted a bit less than 2 weeks.  I found that it was helpful to teach DS to roll back to his tummy in the crib (rather than just on the floor) so he'd be familiar with doing it when he woke up in the night.  So before I'd get him up from a nap we'd practice rolling over a few times with LOTS of praise and then I'd get him out of the crib when he was on his tummy.  He didn't even seem that interested in floor practice until he was able to roll in the crib pretty well.  HTH a little.  Good luck.
Cynthia

Paul--spirited/March 2005
Joseph--touchy-textbook??/Sept 2006