Author Topic: Refusing milk?  (Read 1133 times)

Offline snowangel

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 19, 2005, 14:08:19 pm »
Hi,

My 6month old lo has been on solids for the past 5weeks, has solids at 11am and 4pm after his milk. I'm only giving him maybe a cube at each feed but the last few days he's really cutting back on his milk consumption - was taking around 29oz and now is taking around 22oz. He loves solids and wolfs them down always wanting more (which I don't give him if its past a cube or so as I want him to still take his milk). Once he's had a few ounces of milk he stops, still looks hungry but screams if you try and give him more milk. He has reflux and I'm not sure if this behaviour is normal or his reflux rearing its ugly head again? Any advice gratefully received!!!

S

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Refusing milk?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 23:15:17 pm »
I would post this on the reflux board as well, but from what I know, it sounds like a classic symptom of reflux returning.  That is probably why he is enjoying his solids more because they don't repeat on him as milk does.  I'd call his doctor and see what he has to say.  7oz is one full bottle dropped, and he still needs it at his age.

Offline Mom2X&F&V

• Love 2B a mommy
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • They are huge now!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 23:30:10 pm »
Are you using the correct meds for 6 mo old? What kind of formula. Mine had the same problem and switched to the second stage formula and that was it... I think it tastes better. Talk to your doctor for anything.