Author Topic: He always poos during his night sleep!!!  (Read 1299 times)

Offline a_astorga

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Giorgio Barone 02/01/05
He always poos during his night sleep!!!
« on: December 19, 2005, 14:24:50 pm »
Hi my 10.75 month old has his supper 1 hour before bedtime, goes to sleep then poos later on and is up for over an hour. This is driving me nuts, it's been happening for a while now. I thought it was an upset tummy or too much food so I switched to apples and pears at night, and slowly added more stuff like peaches, mango, sweet potatoes, pumpkin. But once in a while he will poo and his bedtime is screwed up. Maybe he just needs to poo at night?? So what should I feed him and at what time?

I feel so bad for the guy, cause all he wants to do is sleep.

Thanks

Offline cheinzel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 19:50:18 pm »
I don't think I have a whole lot to help you.  Just wanted you to know we were having a similar problem where ours was waking up like 4:00 or 5:00 to poop, then wanting to go back to sleep but couldn't.  It has pretty much corrected itself, though.  Anyway, you're definitely  not alone.

People suggested basically to feed more constipating foods for the last meal and other foods that get you 'moving,' like prunes earlier in the day. 

I'd like to add that I think I'd move up the dinner time.  Eating is known to cause a reflex that gets the bowels moving.  It's only natural.  Plus, I just think eating solids only one hour before bed is kind of late.  We feed dinner at 5:00/5:30 and have a 7:00/7:30 bedtime.

Good luck. :wink:

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 20:21:23 pm »
Yes I think you need to be careful of what food you give at night or should I say evening and be careful of timing.  I know sweet potatoe and bn squash were always lethal for dd. Now I give her dinner at 6pm with a bed time of 7.45pm which gives us loads of time though she is usually obliging and eithere does it mid meal-nice! or straight after. If for example I have to give her prunes with yogurt which she loves or corn again which she loves I give them at lunch time, usually to reappear the next morning,

Offline a_astorga

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Giorgio Barone 02/01/05
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 14:11:23 pm »
What kind of foods would you suggest to feed at dinnner?

And what kind of foods do you suggest to feed at lunch? Cause for the past couple of days and on some other days in the past, I feed him at 12 for lunch, nap at 2 pm and sleeps from 30-45 mins then wakess up cause he pooed and can't go back to sleep!!

So he's tired and grumpy and then at bedtime he is hard to put down, will wake up 2-3 times crying histerically. So I'm kinda going nuts here cause this has been going on for months now. Sometimes he has poo sometimes I have no idea why he wakes up so many times.