Author Topic: do you keep the formula the same and give solids?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
do you keep the formula the same and give solids?
« on: December 19, 2005, 18:20:39 pm »
I have a 7 month old and she is taking approx. four 6 to 8 oz bottles a day. She is getting breakfast and lunch. do you keep the formula amount the same and add solids or eventually decrease the formula and add more solids? My doctor said to do 3 meals a day by 9 months. It just seems like a lot of food to me, and I know that at this stage the formula is their main food sorce still. When I give her solids, she is not as hungry for her next bottle.

Botttle at 6:30 am ish
solids at 9 ish
bottle at 11:30 ish
solids at 1 ish
bottle at 3 and 7

what do you think??

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
do you keep the formula the same and give solids?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 22:59:16 pm »
My DD is around the same age and I am regulating how much solids she gets for that same reason.  I think that three meals a day by nine months is fine, as long as those meals are small enough that she still eats bottles.  Also, I believe by nine months they are down to three bottles a day, roughly.  That's also why it is so important to make good food choices that also provide what formula used to.  Such as meats for iron & protein, cheeses & yogurt for calcium (and you can add goodies like wheat germ, flax oil and other things to give a calorie and fat boost to these), and lots of veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds.