Author Topic: frustrated  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
frustrated
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2005, 21:26:23 pm »
Zander's mom, could you post a sample daily routine for me to compare ours to? Gage has not been eating very well. Like today he has only eaten 9oz from 6:45am to 1:30pm. He has only drank this amount because I keep offering it to him because I dont want him to go to bed hungry. That is not like him, he usually will eat aout 40z + a feed. I am getting a little worried.

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
frustrated
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2005, 09:49:08 am »
hi!

Kelly, what does a mantra cry actually sound like?

i found something that i think works well for a wind down. do you moms think it is too much like playing?

go into room, singing lullaby
close shades/light
lay him on back on my bed - the only way to calm him, - and rub his stomach
then up to my shoulder for a quick hug, and down to his crib.
this way, no fussing before he hits the crib.

worked like a dream for us this morning, but he was also calm from his bath.

when he's on his back, tho, he thinks it's play time. if i look at him he starts smiling and squirming. but it's dark, and i'm singing , so i think he will know the difference.

i know this is different for every baby, but about how long is this 'window'?
also, about when cAn i expect him to want to be up longer than an hour?

He seems to have lately shrunk his awake time. If I look at him and not at the clock, I'd be putting him down after 40 minutes, instead of an hour and a quarter like last week.
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
frustrated
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2005, 22:52:20 pm »
Merry Christmas!

I got the best ever present from Zander.  He's now going down for all his naps without a peep (unless he's particularly tired).  Even today when we weren't at home (although we did take his own crib with us to mum and dad's - he has a baby hammock!).  All his naps were short but he had lots.  The only nap we struggled with was the (alleged) cat-nap.  He screamed loads and I told DH to go up and cuddle him on the bed but this just didn't work.  I eventually went up and put him down in his hammock and he went straight to sleep - I've taught him well it seems!  This so called cat-nap was the only long nap of the day and I eventually woke him up to feed him and bring him home for his bath and bed.  What a star!

Gage's mom - I really don't have an 'average' day with Zander at the moment.  I guess once he's more consistent with his naps I will have but everyday is still different at the moment and I'm trying really hard to listen to him and watch his cues instead of the clock.  I'll make a note of what we do next week and get back to you though, no problem.

M&Ms Ima - I really don't think I could describe Zander's mantra cry.  It's more of a moan and he puts such little effort behind it (unlike his over-tired, help me mom cry!) that it hardly seems worth him doing.  It's not very loud and doesn't escalate in volume.  He sometimes stops then does a little more after a while before (hopefully) settling himself and going to sleep.

Hope you all had a fab day.

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
frustrated
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 20:25:38 pm »
Way to go, Zander!
 :D

I'm seeing progress with Menachem's naps too, thank G-d. The first two naps today and yesterday he went down quietly. I have to stay til he's very asleep, but i don't mind for now. By the afternoon he's kind of up and down with short naps, so by evening he is pretty overtired, but it seems some of that is inevitable anyway.
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
frustrated
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 23:50:13 pm »
Way to go Zander and Menachem!!!  SO happy to hear you are both seeing success.  I swear to you that after several weeks of doing pat/shush and then pu/pd I really never thought there would come a day when Taylor could go down for naps/bed without a struggle, and when it finally did happen, I was elated!!!!!

Great Job Everyone!!!   :D  :D  :D
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07