Author Topic: is she feeding enough?  (Read 847 times)

Offline PaolaG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 21, 2005, 10:17:04 am »
I am a bit confused.  My 4.5 month old is on 4 hour EASY.   She feeds every 4 hours (though we are still struggling a bit with the naps).  Anyhow, my question for now, is that she has quickly dropped two of her nighttime feeds - over about two weeks.  She was feeding roughly at 7.30am, 11.30am, 3.30pm, 7pm, midnight, 4am.  So she was feeding twice in the 12 hour nighttime period.
I haven't been doing a dream feed but rather waiting for her to stir, which she normally would sometime between 10.20 and midnight.
ANyhow, she dropped the midnight feed about a week ago, and then over hte past couple of nights also dropped the 4am feed. 
I know I haev been waiting for her to sleep through the night and its wonderful - but now I am worried that she is not eating enough.  It means she has gone from 6 feeds in 24 hours to 4 feeds.  ANd somehow 4 feeds seems very little to me! 
SHould I be concerned ?  is this ok???  am I worrying about nothing?
thanks
Paola

Offline dallinsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
is she feeding enough?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 16:40:19 pm »
How's her weight doing? Wet diapers? How are you feeling; i.e. draining completely, etc.?

We've been on about the same schedule you posted with ds since about 4 1/2 months as well. He eats at approximately 7, 11, 3, and 6:30-every once in awhile he'll wake around 4:30 or 5 a.m. to nurse and go back to sleep.

I guess I don't really have advice; just wanted to let you know that our schedule looks the same-he's 6 1/2 months now. We have added solids in the a.m. after the nursing session. Is your little one on solids yet? I'm guessing your schedule is alright-but, others will have great advice for you as well.

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
is she feeding enough?
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 19:58:23 pm »
As long as she is having plenty of wet diapers and a poopy one now and again, is gaining weight, and reaching her milestones, she is fine. Enjoy a little sleep - it doesn't always last!  :wink:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies