Author Topic: Going in for naps but not bedtime...  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: December 21, 2005, 12:22:54 pm »
My 20 month old daughter wakes up anywhere from 6 to 7:30 in the morning ... lately it's been about 7:00 which is GREAT.  Today of course was earlier, but anyway.  Either way she goes in for her nap at 12:30.  And this is where our issues start.  She refuses to sleep.  So what I've been doing is going in at 1:00 and telling her to lay down and go to sleep.  MOST of the time this works, but some times it does not and I have to go in one more time at 1:15 (I never go in after that).  She hasn't skipped a nap yet and that is the goal.  She'd be a bear without her nap.  I try to wake her at 3:00 though waking her means that she won't sleep as well at nighttime so I think I'm going to just let her sleep no more than 2 hours instead of waking her. 

Anyway, so now at bedtime we have a similar problem.  We put her in at 7:30 and at 8:00 I've been going in to tell her to go to sleep.  She usually does after just the one time.  Most nights I don't have to go in at all though.

Anyway, would you continue what I'm doing if its working or would you stop in fear of making it a habit?  I do know that naps are consistent where I have to go in (unless we've had a really busy morning)...and bedtime is not...

Suggestions?  Oh yeah and this has been going on for about two weeks now.

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Going in for naps but not bedtime...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 21:24:44 pm »
I thinkwhat you are doing is just fine. You're not standing there with her til she falls asleep - that's the one that really bothers me because then I feel like I'm moving toward creating bad habits. I'm jealous too, because I'm having NO LUCK with naps, which I'm going to post on right now!
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 00:43:48 am »
We are right back to where we started from for the past two nights :(  I am almost in tears.  I had such a good stretch that I thought this was it, she's a normal kiddo with her sleep now .... I don't know where we went wrong!  But now she's talking her mouth of at bedtime for a LONG time and that means she wakes early.  I just can't figure it out :(