Author Topic: Sleeping - 3 week old  (Read 1241 times)

Offline AZMOM

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Sleeping - 3 week old
« on: December 21, 2005, 21:06:31 pm »
hi Ladies!  My ds is 3 weeks old and is breastfed with one bottle(formula or breastmilk) given at night by my husband.  DS currently is eating every 2 - 2.5 hours and often at night stretches to 3 hours.  At this point do I just continue with what we are doing or try to get him to sleep longer using a dream feed,etc.?  I guess I'm just wishing for a little extra sleep at night.  I will be going back to work in 5 weeks and know then I'm going to need more ZZZZZZ's to function as a third grade teacher.  He sleeps well for his naps throughout the day and I don't let him go past the 2.5 hours between a feed during the day.  Any suggestions will help? 
Thanks
AZMOM(lisa)
Lisa, mom to
Hayley 06-04-02
Garret 11-30-05

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Sleeping - 3 week old
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 12:39:30 pm »
hi lisa,

you need to give it time.  and you need to not stress out about it - i know you want to, but it will hinder your recovery, especially since you're going back to work so soon.  (which btw, any chance you could wrangle 9 more weeks instead of 5?  if you're US, they have to give it to you if you ask)

but back to your original question, i think i started cluster feeding around 3-4 weeks, right after that first growth spurt.  i had more success with that than with a dream feed, but there are many posts about successful dream feeds too.

sounds like your routine is going well so far!   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy